
During the Hundred Years’ War, the Treaty of Brétigny ceded Montauban to the English. Construction then began on a fort on the banks of the Tarn, with the left bank remaining under French control.
In 1664, Bishop Pierre de Bertier decided to build his new bishop’s palace on the ruins of the old fort. After the Revolution, it became the town hall and also housed the first municipal museum and the art school.

Culture Sallebourdelle@montaubantourisme 12

Culture Salleduprincenoire@montaubantourisme 2



























