See photos (2)

The Ancient College

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony in Montauban

  • Arrived in 1629 in the wake of Richelieu, the Jesuits acquired in 1676 a mansion on the northeastern limit of the city, to install their college and their chapel (current Saint-Joseph church)

  • Modified then enlarged to several The building, with its austere architecture, is organized around two courtyards, to which gardens which have disappeared today responded.
    The building served as a foundry for cannons during the Revolution, then again became a college until 1961.
    It now houses the Department of Cultural Development, the dance conservatory, the tourist office and the heritage center. Opened in 2008, this new space presents a historic, architectural and sensitive portrait...
    Modified then enlarged to several The building, with its austere architecture, is organized around two courtyards, to which gardens which have disappeared today responded.
    The building served as a foundry for cannons during the Revolution, then again became a college until 1961.
    It now houses the Department of Cultural Development, the dance conservatory, the tourist office and the heritage center. Opened in 2008, this new space presents a historic, architectural and sensitive portrait of the city.