A pruning collector in Quercy was the first owner of this house which he built with taste. Ambitious, the Hotel de Colomb does not end there! It grew with the purchase of houses in the surrounding area and the construction of the Saint-Joseph chapel.
For 20,000 pounds, the Jesuits acquired the building in 1676. The walls remember the 300 students who occupied the benches as early as 1701, when it became a place of education. This college was reserved mainly for the sons of Protestant families, subject to a strictly Catholic education.