Arrived in 1629 in the wake of Richelieu, the Jesuits in 1676 acquired a mansion on the northeast boundary of the city, to house their College and Chapel (now St. Joseph Church) ... Amended and expanded several times, the building's austere architecture is organized around two courtyards, which met the gardens have disappeared. The building serves as a cannon foundry during the Revolution, then reverts college until 1961.
It now houses the Department of Cultural Affairs, the conservatory of dance, the tourist and heritage center. Opened in 2008, this new area presents a historical, architectural and sensitive city.