A bit of history, the origins of the villages ...
The name of Bressols could come from Gallic name Brictus, successor of the bishop Saint-Martin of Tours, which would become brès (cradle) in Occitan and to which the suffix-ol would have been added. During the 19th century, archaeological excavations made it possible to find some sharpened squares, Celtic axes and ruins of Gallo-Roman villas.
The name of the city can also be close to that of the family of Brazols, co-lord of the town.
When the departments were created in 1790, Bressols was attached to the Haute-Garonne until 1808, when Napoléon created the Tarn et Garonne.
The church of Saint-Martin de Bressols appears for the first time in the texts of the 10th century as possession of the abbey of Saint-Théodard. It was ransacked in December 1561 by the Protestants and rebuilt between 1647 and 1684, dedicated to the Nativity of Notre Dame.
The church of Saint John of Brail, probably originally built near Moulis, was associated with that of Bressols, while being a separate parish. Ruined in 1622, it was rebuilt at the same time as that of Bressols, then partially renovated and enlarged a century later. It was served until 1926.
The Lavoir of Touron dates from 1850. The two basins of the wash house shelter under a roof in old woodwork. The women came, at the time, there to wash the linen, in particular on Monday morning, rendezvous of all the discussions of the district. The former faience maker Bressols drew water to work his creations in the ground. A plaque commemorating the terrible flood of 1930 is affixed to one of the two basins.