The rental of furnished tourist accommodation can be done professionally or not. In both cases certain obligations must be respected.
- individual accommodation of the type villas, apartments, furnished studios
- for the exclusive use of the tenant
- without the tenant taking up residence there
- rental by the day, week or month
- maximum duration of 90 days for a single client
- provision of furniture, bedding, kitchen kit
Since Law No. 2012-387 of March 22, 2012 on simplifying the law and reducing administrative procedures, Article L. 324-1-1 of the Tourism Code provides that persons offering furnished tourist accommodation for rent must make a prior declaration to the town hall of the municipality where the furnished accommodation is located, whether or not it is classified.
The declaration specifies.
- the identity and address of the declarant,
- the address of the furnished,
- the number of rooms, the number of beds,
- the or forecast periods of rental.
In the event of a change in any of these pieces of information, a new declaration must be made at the town hall (Article D. 324-15 of the Tourism Code).
You are an owner and wish to rent your property as a furnished tourist accommodation ;
how to find your way through the maze of local situations and ensure that your rental
the legality of your rental? You will find here the main information
essential to know to carry out your project successfully.