The renting of guest rooms, all year long or in season, constitutes a commercial or agricultural professional activity. It involves certain obligations.
- grouped supply of overnight stay + household linen + breakfast
- limit of 5 rooms and 15 people
- hosting provided by the inhabitant
- access to a shower room and a toilet
The exercise of a bed and breakfast rental activity must be the subject of a prior declaration addressed to the mayor of the commune of the place of the dwelling concerned (Article L. 324-4 of the Tourism Code).
The declaration shall specify.
- the identity of the declarant,
- the identification of the domicile of the dwelling,
- the number of rooms offered for rent,
- the maximum number of people likely to be hosted and the projected period or periods of rental.
In the event of a change in any of these items of information, a new declaration must be made at the town hall (Article D. 324-15 of the Tourism Code).