It was in this hotel that, in the eighteenth century, there was the Royal Manufacture des Cadis, one of Montauban's most famous products, which was exported to Canada. Developed by David d'Aignan in 1626, the cadis was a woolen fabric that was solid, thick and supple at the same time, used in the clothing industry of religious, small people and soldiers. The building was built in the eighteenth century by Vialètes d'Aignan, who decided, in 1788, to transfer here their factory, hitherto established on the left bank of the Tarn which concentrated activities related to the production of textiles. This date is inscribed above the imposing gate of the arms of the family: a round shield surmounted by a crown of count and held by creeping lions. The base is decorated with four gold stars.