Built at the end of the 17th century, this grand hotel between courtyard and garden was home to the poet Jean Jacques Lefranc Pompignan (1709-1784), lawyer, founder of the Academy of Montauban and member of the French Academy.In the nineteenth century, it was sold to the family of Armand Cambon, painter and first curator of the museum Ingres. We enter the main courtyard by a large semicircular portal whose staple is decorated with a shouting warrior's head. The entrance is framed by engaged columns, treated in bosses, surmounted by an entablature decorated with a frieze with metopes and modillions, and a semicircular pediment. The transom of the grille bears the monogram of Gustave Cambon, brother of the painter. In the courtyard, the right wing has a series of three arches that may indicate the existence of old carriages. A small external staircase, in masonry, gives access to a raised ground floor. The main entrance is at the bottom of the left wing and gives access to a magnificent monumental staircase with creeping arches and wooden balusters.